We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Dish type
- Chocolate mousse
A quick and easy recipe that contains no eggs or gelatine and is suitable for any occasion. It's great served with whatever fruit is in season.
289 people made this
- 100g good quality plain chocolate
- 50ml milk
- 200ml double cream
- 100g strawberries (or other seasonal fruit), sliced
MethodPrep:20min ›Cook:5min ›Ready in:25min
- Melt chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Once smooth and melted, remove from heat.
- Heat the milk until just boiling, then whisk in melted chocolate. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Whip 150ml of the cream to soft peaks, then fold into cooled chocolate.
- Reserve 6 strawberry slices for decoration, then divide remainder between 6 serving ramekins or small bowls. Evenly spoon over the chocolate mousse.
- Whip remaining cream to stiff peaks, then place a dollop over each bowl of mousse and decorate with reserved strawberries.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(19)
Reviews in English (22)
great recipe ive tryed it few times now and tryed diffrent choc's galaxy and mint aero probly the best so far-16 Nov 2011
Used different ingredients.use whipping cream rather than double-17 Apr 2011
scrumptious mousse so easy to make it, next time I will double the ingredients as I'm a sweet tooth freak-08 Jul 2011
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 2 chocolate bar biscuit croissant topping
- 1 jelly cotton candy
- ½ jelly gummies
- 2 cups liquorice chocolate
- 2 jelly beans bonbon
- 2 caramels tart gummi bears
- 6 butterscotch caramel lollipops
- 12 tbsp butter
- ¼ cup sugar
Every Recipe, Every Rating, Every Video from Every Magazine & Every Episode!
- 25 years of Cook's Illustrated, Cook's Country, and America's Test Kitchen foolproof recipes
Dear Home Cook,
If we were new to our websites, we might think, “It’s easy to get free recipes on the Internet. What makes your recipes different?” Well, unlike recipes from blogs, message boards, and other recipe sites, our recipes are exhaustively tested by our team of full-time test cooks until they offer consistently great results. That means fried chicken with a crunchy coating and moist meat, a low-fat recipe makeover for macaroni and cheese that’s as creamy and cheesy as the full-fat version, and fork-tender slow cooker pot roast.
We’re obsessive in our quest to find and foolproof the best of American home cooking, from fuss-free weeknight dinners, to updated, simplified versions of regional specialties, to slow cooker and make ahead meals. Our all access membership is the only place you can find every foolproof recipe, TV episode, and objective ratings and test results for cookware and supermarket ingredients from all 25 years of Cook’s Country, America’s Test Kitchen, and Cook’s Illustrated.
Let us make a simple, no-nonsense offer. Try out all three of our websites FREE for a 14-Day, No-Hassle Trial Offer. We’re pretty confident that your All-Access membership will quickly become invaluable resources for everything from a quick Tuesday supper to your next get-together with family and friends.
The Secret Ingredient That Makes This Quick Chocolate Mousse So Good For You
Ok, so I did promise you that this chocolate mousse recipe was a healthy one, and I’m sure you are still wondering how.
Well, it is simply made with frozen bananas, chocolate protein powder and natural yogurt. Not a bit of naughtiness in sight!
Natural yogurt has so many benefits to us that it’s great to use in desserts if possible. Not only does natural yogurt have considerable nutritional value, but the probiotics found in it also provide considerable immune benefits, including increased production of antibodies to help fight disease.
Sounds pretty good so far doesn’t it!
So let’s recap. It’s quick and easy to make, it’s super fluffy to eat, it’s full of chocolate goodness AND it is healthy for you.
This is the winner chocolate mousse recipe that you have been waiting for!
What Type Of Chocolate To Use
I always use semi sweet cooking chocolate with 55% of cocoa in my bakings, unless specified otherwise. And for this recipe, I'm using the same.
I love the taste of chocolate in this mousse, it's well balanced.
But hey, if you love that super strong almost bitter chocolate taste in your mousse, then you can use a higher percentage of cocoa in your chocolate. Your choice.
Also, I would like to stress that it's recommended that you use cooking chocolate because since it doesn't have too much of added ingredients like the on the rack chocolate (the ones that we buy to directly eat), it melts easier and making it easier to work with.
I really hope you would try and make this easy and delicious chocolate mousse. You can see in the recipe video below that it's very easy to prepare.
7 Easy Mousse Recipes
These triple chocolate mousse recipe is the dream of every chocolate lover. This mousse is eggless and requires only 3 types of chocolate and cream, that&rsquos it! No eggs and no difficult techniques. 3 layers of smooth and creamy mousse dark chocolate, milk chocolate and white chocolate. This triple chocolate mousse in a glass is a perfect dessert for parties, birthdays, Valentine's day, holidays and any other occasion. Full Recipe here: Triple Chocolate Mousse
3-Ingredient Oreo Mousse
This 3-ingredinets Oreo mousse recipe is super easy to make and requires only few minutes of work. If you an Oreo lover and like simple desserts, you should give this recipe a try. This mousse is not like the traditional mousse and doesn&rsquot contain any eggs (eggless mousse). Full Recipe here: Oreo Mousse
3-Ingredient White Chocolate Mousse
Quick and easy 3-ingredient white chocolate mousse. This white chocolate mousse is rich and creamy, and you need only 10 minutes of work to make this beautiful dessert. This easy white chocolate mousse is perfect for Christmas, Valentine&rsquos Day or any other occasion. If you looking for individual desserts, this recipe is for you! You can top this mousse with white chocolate shavings, fresh strawberries, raspberries or oven nuts. Full Recipe here: White Chocolate Mousse
Easy Mango Mousse
Quick and easy mango mousse recipe with only 4-ingredients. This recipe is so easy that even a child can prepare this dessert. This mousse doesn&rsquot require eggs or gelatin. Full Recipe here: Mango Mousse
2 Ingredient Nutella Mousse
Super easy recipe for delicious Nutella "mousse". Only 2 ingredients required, 5 minutes of work you have fluffy, easy and tasty dessert. If you are a Nutella lover you'll defiantly going to love this mousse. Full Recipe here: Nutella Mousse
Easy Peanut Butter Mousse
Quick and easy peanut butter mousse recipe with only 4-ingredients. This mousse is so light and airy! Perfect dessert for peanut butter lovers. Full Recipe here: Peanut Butter Mousse
Easy Chocolate-Tahini Mousse
This chocolate and tahini mousse recipe is creamy, light and fluffy. If you are not familiar with Tahini, it&rsquos smooth and rich sesame paste. Many people are surprized when I use tahini in dessert, but actually it goes really well in dessert, especially desserts like mousse or fudge. This recipe is really easy to follow and doesn&rsquot require eggs. Full Recipe here: Chocolate-Tahini Mousse
Share it with us on Instagram and tag @thecookingfoodie so we can see your cooking adventures!
When you're pressed for time but still want to present a delicious, decadent treat, make one of these quick chocolate desserts. They come together in under one hour and they taste like something created by a master baker or chocolatier. The Triple-Chocolate Brownie Cups that you see here are the perfect example. In less than 60 minutes, you'll have six decadent brownies that are made with four types of chocolate&mdashcocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate, milk-chocolate chips, and white-chocolate chips. They're a fun twist on an a classic treat, and the entire family will enjoy having their own individual dessert.
One of our favorite family-friendly desserts is a skillet cookie. These large-format cookies are baked in a cast-iron skillet and have a crispy exterior and soft and gooey interior. Then, they're sliced liked a pizza when it's time to serve. We have one recipe for a double-chocolate skillet cookie made with both cocoa powder and chopped chocolate, and another that calls for a combination of oats, coconut, and chocolate chips for a chewy bite loaded with sweetness and texture. Both are sure to satisfy anyone with a craving for chocolate.
Other simple desserts that you can whip up with just a little time to spare are sheet cakes. We have several recipes, including a one-bowl version that helps to cut down on dishes to wash. No matter which recipe you choose to make first, they're sure to satisfy. Or bake chocolate cupcakes and instead of decorating them yourself, set the cupcakes out for your little ones to top with buttercream and sprinkles as a fun weekend or birthday party activity.
These quick chocolate dessert recipes show that you can make something truly special in just 60 minutes&mdashor less.
Best chocolate mousse recipes
Make these dark chocolate mousse pots ahead and serve with homemade orange shortbread. This quick and easy recipe makes enough for four people and is ready in just 30 minutes.
Vegan chocolate mousse
Silken tofu is the secret ingredient for this smooth and creamy (and totally vegan) chocolate mousse recipe. It's still as indulgent as you'd hope for, though.
Affogato chocolate mousse
If you're hosting a get together and looking for an indulgent yet easy dessert that can easily be made ahead, try these gluten-free creamy chocolate and coffee puds – ready in 15 minutes.
Avocado chocolate mousse
Using avocado instead of cream or egg white is a great way to make a vegan version of classic chocolate mousse. It’s rich, so serve in small glass pots or shot glasses, and top with cocoa nibs for an extra chocolate hit without the added sugar.
Chocolate mousse pots with honeycomb
These stylish and indulgent marbled honeycomb and chocolate mousse pots look impressive but are actually very easy to make.
Mint chocolate mousse pots
Want to serve individual desserts? Try our creamy chocolate and peppermint pots for an impressive way to finish your dinner party.
Dark chocolate mousse with nut brittle
This chocolate mousse is super creamy, fresh and so simple to make. With the addition of the crunchy pine nut brittle, this velvety chocolate mousse is an easy end to your dinner.
Dark chocolate mousse with hazelnuts
An indulgent chocolate mousse with soft blackberries and crunchy roasted hazelnuts, a perfect way to end your dinner party.
Chocolate mousse cake
Satisfyingly smooth and indulgent, this chocolaty malt mousse cake topped with crunchy salted pretzels is a perfect pudding for the whole family.
White chocolate mousse with gingerbread
This is a fantastic make-ahead dessert for when you're entertaining. If you don't want to make your own, mini gingerbread men are available from most supermarkets - look out for them in the bakery section.
White chocolate mousse with crushed Mini Eggs
The perfect easy recipe to cook with the kids at Easter. Scrumptious white chocolate mousse topped with crushed mini eggs is sure to delight (and use up mini eggs the Easter bunny has brought).
Chocolate and amaretto mousse
This recipe for chocolate and amaretto mousse comes from Bernardi's Italian restaurant in London. It's easy to make but tastes delicious - great for entertaining.
Recipe For Chocolate Mousse: Perfect Food For Children’s Day
Chocolate Mousse is a famous and classic French dessert that is loved by everyone. Apart from being tasty, this is quick and easy to make and uses very less chocolate than you may think! Chocolate Mousse is very light and fluffy, and this recipe will demand to be made more than once. It is simple, and a very minimal procedure is required to process it and is very nutritious.
Recipe of Chocolate Mousse
Setting time: 1 to 2 hours
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Total time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
1 cup roughly chopped dark chocolate
¼ tablespoon of coffee powder
One tablespoon powdered sugar
One ¾ cups beaten whipped cream
¼ tablespoon vanilla essence
Grated chocolate for the garnish
Two tablespoons of tutti frutti
- Firstly, the chocolate should be melted by a double boiler method. Add a cup of water to the saucepan and heat it.
- Later a large bowl should be placed in such a way to make sure that it doesn’t touch the water.
- Furthermore, the chocolate, butter, and coffee powder should be melted over simmering water until they become smooth. Coffee powder is added because it enhances the flavor of chocolate.
- The mixture should be stirred until chocolate melts completely.
- The bowl should be removed from heat and set aside to cool down completely.
- Meanwhile, the whipped cream should be prepared by using a hand blender/whisk or mixer.
- One cup of thickened cream or 35% milkfat should be poured into a blender.
- The mixture should be blended for 40-50 seconds till the cream turns light and fluffy. It should be kept in mind that the mixture should not be over blend, as they turn to butter.
- As soon as the chocolate has reached room temperature, 2-3 tablespoon of prepared whipped cream should be added and mixed gently, making sure to attain the same cream and chocolate temperature.
- Further, the rest of the whipped cream should be added and folded gently while making sure not to lose the whipped cream’s light and fluffy texture.
- The prepared mixture into a glass should then be poured.
- The mixture should be refrigerated for 3 hours till they turn thick.
- Furthermore, take a zip lock bag and add whipped cream to it for decoration.
- It should be squeezed and created a cone from it.
- Now, the tip of the cone should be cut with the help of scissors.
- Further, it should be squeezed into Mousse.
- Also, it should be garnished with few chocolate chips and tutti frutti.
- Finally, enjoy the chocolate mouse chilled.
- Blending the cream is a critical and tough part of this recipe. If you do not have a hand blender, you can blend the cream using a juicer or normal blender to whip the cream. It should be kept in mind that the cream should be whipped for a long time because it will turn into butter.
- It is recommended to use plain chocolates without any dry fruits or anything in it.
- The chocolate mousse with the whipped cream should be iced.
- The Mousse should be served chill.
- The Mousse can be served with walnut ganache cookies, cashew biscuits, chocolaty, coconut, peanut, orange cookies, and fresh fruits with coconut cream sauce or fruit compote.
This chocolate mousse recipe perfect for Children’s Day. Children’s day is celebrated on 14th November everywhere on the birthday of our former Prime Jawaharlal Nehru. He loved children, and hence his birthday is dedicated to the celebration of children. One day, kids are very excited, and they are desired to be treated special on that day. Schools and colleges organize several programs. Kids love chocolates, and hence, this is a perfect dish for children’s day. They will enjoy having this, and after this will be a highlight of the day for them!
Chocolate crinkle cookies
There may come a day when you yearn for a cookie, but not a standard cookie. And if that day ever comes, then this crinkle cookies recipe might come in handy. These yummy biscuits feature cocoa powder, vanilla, and a heavy dusting of powdered sugar to coat them once they're finished. Moreover, they don't contain any pieces of fruit, any types of nuts, or any other additional, prominent flavors. Our crinkle cookies put chocolate at the forefront.
Even though it was a bit of a struggle along the way, I absolutely recommend all three of these recipes. They certainly satisfy that chocolaty sweet-tooth craving and they don't break the healthy bank. The 5 minute or less description is a bit questionable. but if you're in the mood for a great laugh, 5 minutes to make each of these 5 minute healthy chocolate desserts is all you need.